Updated: Jul 1, 2022
Do you ever dream about something for a long time, and when it finally comes to fruition you can hardly believe it’s happening?
Well, I’ve been working on a project recently that’s been in my heart for a about a year now, and I can’t wait to announce what it is in a few weeks. So stay tuned! I’m launching it on July 6th, which is also my 40th birthday!
I’m so excited, and cannot wait to share it with you, but unfortunately, you’ll have to wait for another 2 weeks. I bet you’re thinking, “Meena spill the beans already.”
I promise it will be worth the wait. Mark your calendars now so you don’t miss out on that email, and there will be giveaways too.
In the meantime, I would like to share that this project is a labor of love. It’s taking me a lot longer to put together than I imagined, and at times, I wondered, I wanted to quit, and wondered why am I doing this. However, I know the end result will be absolutely amazing!
That’s the beauty of most creative endeavors or passion projects. The journey it takes to start something new and the drive it takes to finish it is nevr easy. Sometimes you start something and when challenges arise, you feel like quitting. I’ve been there and felt this way many times in my life. However, I can tell you when you complete a project or goal, it’s so worth it. In fact, you’ll feel so incredibly proud of yourself.
I encourage you to go after what you desire because by doing so you’ll feel more fulfilled in the work you do and be able to create a more balanced and joyful life for yourself.
As you work work to find more fulfilling work that brings you balance and joy, I want you to keep a few things in mind:
1. There is no such thing as perfect timing. When I ask my clients why they haven’t found work that brings them balance and joy they often say,
“I am not ready yet.”’
“What if I fail?”
“I’ll start looking for more fulfilling work once my kids are older.”
“I have a lot going on in my life. Now isn’t the right time.”
I get it. We believe the timing needs to be perfect before pursuing the things we really want in life or our career or work, but there is no perfect timing, so don’t wait until the timing is right to start looking for a more fulfilling and less overwhelming job or start that business you’ve wanted to build. Also, never put stipulations on your happiness only if you land a job or based on a situation or circumstance you want to have happen. For example, “I will be happy when…” By doing this, you’re robbing yourself of loving your life now. Life doesn’t always give you what you want, so why not be happy in the present moment. Joy is all around you, just waiting for you to find it. A circumstance shouldn’t be the reason you aren’t happy.
2. Taking action is how you accomplish your goals. You can dream all you want about having a more fulfilling job, one that doesn’t cause you anxiety each day, or you can take action by applying to jobs that light you up. Similarly, you can say you want to start a business, but you will not have that business until you actually take action on this goal. Quit saying you want something, and start making it a reality by taking action. Every small step you take towards your dream is one step closer to making you dream a reality.
3. There will always be challenges. Challenges or stumbling blocks are ways of the universe, God, Source, or Power testing you along the way and teaching you a lesson. So, it’s okay to become frustrated as long as you don’t stay in that frustrated energy for too long. Piick yourself back up, dust yourself off, and continue to move toward the work and life goals you desire.
4. Be patient in the process. Things take time. Rest assured that everything happens as it’s meant to happen. Enjoy the journey towards finding balance and joy in your work and life. Soon enough, you will land a job, be where you want to be in your business, and wake up every day eager and excited because you’re doing what you love.
5. You have what it takes to reach your work and life goals. When in doubt, keep affirming
“I can do this,”
“I can find work that brings me balance and joy,”
“I can become a successful business owner.”
Your dreams are possible. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
If the voice inside your head is causing you to question if you’re meant to do more and you’re definitely craving more meaningful and fulfilling work, please reach out for support. I’m here for you as you ditch your anxiety and overwhelm in your career or job and find more balance and joy in the work you do and the life you live.
Also, don’t forget to stay tuned when I share the big surprise project I’m working on. I know this will be amazing and benefit you, and I would love your support too. I can’t wait to share what it is, and don’t forget there will be giveaways.
Always remember, “All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney